The Queensland government has recently announced further easing of border restrictions, allowing individuals from select New South Wales Shires the ability to travel and stay in Queensland.
This is fantastic news and we welcome our interstate guests back to the sunshine state. With so many exciting events taking place right on the Kingsford’s Doorstep, now is the perfect time to book your next river city holiday.
As always, The Kingsford is committed first to ensuring the health and well-being of all guests. We’ve continued to uphold the highest cleanliness standards in line with the Queensland Government’s recommendations to provide you with a great level of peace of mind. Along with the new COVID safe protocols, we are excited to welcome our guests and help you, your family and friends.
With the Queen’s Birthday long weekend (3rd-5th Oct) fast approaching, book now to take advantage of:
- Complimentary parking
- Flexible booking conditions
- Complimentary 50 ml Appelles Lemon Verbena Hand Sanitiser
Brisbane International Film Festival
Thur 01 – Sun 11 Oct 2020
GOMA | State Library of Queensland | Various Cinemas (12 min drive)
Exciting news – BIFF 2020 opens on Thursday 1 October at GOMA. With over 70 films from 28 countries, we can’t wait to welcome audiences back for BIFF 2020 – 11 exhilarating days of unmissable cinema!
Suncorp Super Netball – Finals Series
Sat 03 – Sun 18 Oct 2020
Nissan Arena / USC Stadium (19 min drive)
Suncorp Super Netball is the premier professional netball league in Australia with eight teams from across the country.
Women’s ODI Series: Australia vs New Zealand
Sat 03 – Wed 07 Oct
Allan Border Field (6 min drive)
Don’t miss the opportunity to see the number one women’s cricket team in the world kick-start the 20-21 summer of cricket against a quality New Zealand side.
Spring Racing Carnival
Sat 10 Oct – Tue 03 Nov
Doomben Racecourse (3 min drive)
This year is set to be a spring to remember with five racedays showcasing live local races, interstate action on super screens around course, all-day entertainment and bespoke pop-up bars & eateries.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
The Kingsford has put in place a multi-pronged approach designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented to keep 1.5 m between the receptionists and all guests.
- We have continued to provide hand sanitisers at the reception counter and café counter.
- A UV Ray Machine to kill bacteria is available for use for guests’ mobile phones or room keys.
- We maintain a high cleaning standard for our hotel rooms to ensure surface areas such as light switches, door knobs, chairs, tables are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with hospital grade cleaning products.
- We’ve increased our frequency of cleaning in public areas including lift buttons, lift handles and reception door handles
- Laundry & Linen Service: Our laundry & linen services adheres to appropriate Australian standards. All linen is thermally and/or chemically disinfected with records maintained for each wash. To prevent contamination and safeguard our linen, all linen is stored in a clean and dry place distinctly separate from soiled linen. Linen stored extended period is wrapped in plastic.